REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Avionics Production Test Engineer
Perfect job for a great problem-solver!
In this role, you’ll need both speed and efficiency to quickly respond to production test equipment issues in real time, acting as a crucial stop-gap to prevent and minimize production down-time. Your test stations will consist of a PC running LabVIEW, which serves to control the test equipment needed to conduct ongoing avionics acceptance testing procedures. You'll have the opportunity to hone your skills in the utilization of tools such as an oscilloscope or DMM, contributing your own professional interpretation of test station electrical drawings. This job will keep you on your toes, requiring a high level of adaptability and organizational skill to manage frequent shifts in priority while maintaining communication with product engineers to diagnose and fix problems as they arise.
- Bachelor of Science in EE or CE from an ABET accredited university (10-15 years of experience).
- 5-10 years of LabView experience.
- 5 years avionics interface experience.
- 5 years in product testing experience.
- Experience working with digital circuits.
- Experience with avionics communication busses. i.e. ARINC 429/717, 1553, I2C, RS-232, and RS-422.
- Ability to execute troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making under the guidance of a mentor.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Engages with other team members in a respectful/positive manner
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- 5-10 years in C programming experience is preferred.
Real Time Companies, LLC is the parent company to multiple entities, of which Real Time Consulting is the current focus, specializing in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V