REAL TIME CONSULTING--JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Avionics Wireless Connected Software Engineer
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
Position is responsible for systems and software development of embedded code for a family of wireless connected avionics products that provide data connectivity between aircraft systems and Cockpit / Cabin / Ground computers.
Qualified applicants have experience with developing requirements, coding, integration and systems/software verification. Engineer translates customer specified features and capabilities to a detailed design and determines the best architecture to implement features and functionality into products. Other responsibilities include providing estimates of effort and schedule to complete tasks and detailed status of progress of those tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (EE) or related degree
- 3+ years of related software development experience
- Requirements and Software Architecture development
- Embedded Linux OS operation
- C++ language (preferred)
- Understand the design of embedded systems
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Familiarity with aircraft, aviation, avionics and associated standards such as ARINC 429, ARINC 717, DO-178C, DO-160, etc.
- Cyber security design/considerations
Real Time Consulting specializes in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V