REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Avionics Test Engineer
In this role you will develop automated test programs and acceptance test procedures for testing SATCOM systems and flight data recorders.
The programs run on automated test equipment in the factory where the units under test are manufactured, and in the service center where units are repaired. Test programs are written In National Instruments LabWindows/CVI. You will be a key developer on a small team supporting a major avionics manufacturer.
- BSEE or BSCE
- 5+ years of avionics test engineering experience.
- Able to read and understand avionics production test requirements and to implement tests satisfying those test requirements.
- 5+ years of experience developing and integrating automated tests using ANSI C.
- 5+ years implementing automated tests utilizing off-the-shelf test equipment.
- 5+ years of experience validating automated test solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with common avionics busses including ARINC 429, ARINC 717 and Mil-Std-1553.
- 5+ years of experience with other common test interfaces including IEEE-488, I2C, RS-232 and RS-422.
- Able to write acceptance test procedures.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- 5+ years developing automated tests using National Instruments LabWindows/CVI.
- Ability to perform in a customer facing role.
- Ability to act as technical lead for a small team of 2 or 3 test engineers.
Real Time Companies, LLC is the parent company to multiple entities, of which Real Time Consulting is the current focus, specializing in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V