REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Ethernet Stack Development Engineer
In this role, you will be responsible for developing an Ethernet Stack for use on a T3CAS traffic collision avoidance system. Development of the stack will be based on an open source light-weight internet protocol (lwIP) stack.
The successful candidate will be experienced in DO-178B/C, safety critical (DAL B), embedded system software development and life cycle artifact creation.
Development activities include defining software requirements, creating detailed design documentation, developing trace data, and developing the C language Ethernet stack source code. Additionally, the developer will integrate the software on the T3CAS system and provide support for software verification testing.
- BSEE or BSCS, other 4-year technical degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of DO-178B/C safety critical embedded system software life cycle development
- 5+ years creating detailed software requirements and software design documents
- Experience developing I/O for avionics
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- 2+ years of DO-178C safety critical embedded system software life cycle development
- Working knowledge of Ethernet frames, internet packets and various Ethernet protocols
- Experience with Ethernet stack development
- Familiar with Savannah open source lwIP
- Experience developing board support packages
- Experience with the following tools
- Green Hills RTOS
Real Time Companies, LLC is the parent company to multiple entities, of which Real Time Consulting is the current focus, specializing in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V