REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Software Development Engineer - Control System
This position is responsible for design of Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) software used for control of aircraft turbine engines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years Aerospace Engineering experience
- Controls systems software development
- Engines/Propulsion, APU, or Flight Controls experience
- Knowledge of DO-178B/C Level A (DAL A) and its application in the development of complex systems software
- Software architecture experience
- Expert in translating software requirements to C language code
- Experience in design and code traceability
- Familiar with requirements capture and management, and associated tools
- Familiar with Software Change Request (SCR) processes and tools
- Familiar with software configuration management processes and tools
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Engines/Propulsion product experience
- Familiar with DOORS for engineering requirements management
- Familiar with ClearQuest for management of SCRs
- Familiar with ClearCase for software configuration management
- Familiar with Rhapsody design modeling
- Experience with derived requirement impact dispositions
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Experience developing DO-178B/C certification planning documents
Real Time Companies, LLC is the parent company to multiple entities, of which Real Time Consulting is the current focus, specializing in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
This position may require exposure to software, source code or technology that is subject to US export control laws and regulations (i.e., International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations). To comply with these requirements, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce, as applicable.
RTCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with RTCo is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. Real Time Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.