REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Model-based System Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is responsible for preliminary model-based systems design of avionics networking and I/O infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years aerospace systems engineering experience
- Experience specifying Interface Control Documents (ICD) for systems and subsystems including:
- Interface definitions using Domain Specific Data Model (DSDM) notation
- Physical interfaces using Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL) format with Quality of Service/Time-sensitive Networking (QoS/TSN) flow requirements for mission and air vehicle systems
- Experience in Model-based System Engineering (MBSE) including:
- Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF)
- Experience in Comprehensive Architecture Strategy (CAS):
- System Architecture
- System Design
- Familiarity with safety and security considerations of MOSAs
- Familiarity with Army Military Airworthiness Certification Criteria (AMACC)
- Ability to work with cross functional teams in a remote environment
- Effective Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, Accountable, Detail-oriented
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Master's Degree with 5+ years of experience in a related model-based engineering or systems engineering discipline
- Experience in Comprehensive Architecture Strategy (CAS)
- Reference Architecture
- Objective Architecture
- Experience in Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA) including
- Open Mission Systems (OMS)
- Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE)
- Joint Common Architecture (JCA)
- Cameo Systems Modeler
Real Time Companies, LLC is the parent company to multiple entities, of which Real Time Consulting is the current focus, specializing in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
This position may require exposure to software, source code or technology that is subject to US export control laws and regulations (i.e., International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations). To comply with these requirements, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce, as applicable.
RTCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with RTCo is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. Real Time Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.