REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: TCAS Embedded Software Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is responsible for software design and development of a TCAS system for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years Aerospace Engineering experience
- 5+ years experience with Board Support Packages (BSP) and Bootloader development
- 5+ years experience with initial integration and bring up of real time operating systems (RTOS) with host processors
- Experience developing avionics applications in C
- Direct experience working on DO-178 embedded software development including performing peer inspections
- Experience with safety critical real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience writing white papers to support design and implementation decisions (trade studies)
- Experience collaborating with system and software engineers to meet project objectives
- Ability to collaborate with RTOS supplier as required to integrate the processing platform
- Effective Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Self-motivated, Accountable, Detail-oriented
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Previous experience with Green Hills RTOS
- TCAS product experience
Real Time Companies, LLC is the parent company to multiple entities, of which Real Time Consulting is the current focus, specializing in providing experienced engineering services to several large aviation companies since 1997. Our engineering staff has an average of 20+ years of direct industry experience and we pride ourselves on both the quality and performance of our staff.
This position may require exposure to software, source code or technology that is subject to US export control laws and regulations (i.e., International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations). To comply with these requirements, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce, as applicable.
RTCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with RTCo is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. Real Time Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.