REAL TIME CONSULTING (An RTCo Company)—POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Avionics Qualification Test Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is responsible for performing qualification testing of various avionics systems.
- 3+ years aerospace qualification testing experience
- High level of knowledge in one or more of the following DO-160 test environments and procedures:
- Physical (temperature, vibration, humidity, altitude, waterproofness, etc.)
- Power Input (power input, ISS, VS, AFCS, etc.)
- EMI (emissions, RF susceptibility, lightning, ESD, etc.)
- Knowledge of qualification test setups including:
- Able to know if a lab is setting the test environment correctly
- Able to know if the lab is collecting the data needed for the report
- Experience reviewing qualification test data
- Experience developing qualification test reports
- Experience troubleshooting test failures and distinguishing the cause of the failure such as:
- Is it test equipment?
- Is it test setup?
- Is it unit under test?
- Is it procedural?
- Effective Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Self-motivated, Accountable, Detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Knowledge of attitude/altitude Technical Standard Orders (TSOs)
- Knowledge of cockpit voice recorder TSOs and Advisory Circular ED-112A
- Knowledge of Minimum Performance Standard AS8034B for Multipurpose Electronic Displays
Real Time Consulting (RTC) exists to partner outstanding engineering talent to support our clients’ success. Unsurpassed service is delivered to our clients by upholding responsibility, teamwork and quality. Our primary commitment is to help our clients. Since 1997, RTC has been protecting and enhancing lives with safe, reliable, innovative solutions, providing full life-cycle design, development and testing of EMBEDDED ENGINEERING SYSTEMS and SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS with Program Management and Consulting Services. Our employees average 20+ years of versatile and accomplished expertise to our clients, driving continuous innovation forward. Employee’s innovative and analytical ideas are cultivated while maintaining the big picture vision in a fast-paced, changing environment. Our corporate values are to Uphold Responsibility, Support People, Promote Teamwork and Deliver Quality!
This position may require exposure to software, source code or technology that is subject to US export control laws and regulations (i.e., International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations). To comply with these requirements, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce, as applicable.
RTCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with RTCo is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To qualify for all positions with Real Time Companies, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Please be aware that Real Time Companies does not sponsor employment-based visas. Additionally, certain positions with Real Time Companies that involve work with government entities may have more restrictive employment status requirements, such as U.S. citizenship, based on security clearance requirements or other governmental requirements. Real Time Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.